Saturday, October 27, 2018

27 Oct 2018 Are You Impatient?

Are You Impatient?

One of the challenges I have battled for my adult life is impatience. No matter how many times I tell myself that it is just little shit and not worth expanding all that negative energy, I still find myself getting worked up over nothing.

It is just the everyday life things, traffic, checkout lines, waiting for a restaurant table, to board an airplane and any other number of things. I guess it will always be a work in progress. I wish I could explain why I do it. It solves nothing and only leads to internal stress. But it also impacts anybody who is with me. I’m sure many times they would want to tell me to shut the fuck up. I would deserve it each and every time. In every single instance that I show impatient behavior, I have to come up with some trigger to tell myself to be thankful for even being in the situation that I am impatient about.

This is one trait I know I have to rid myself of. Even though I have had it for many decades, I just have to take it one day at a time and recognize when that negative feeling starts to build in me. You would think this would be an easy thing to fix and I wish it will be.  Maybe, I just need to smile each time before I say something stupid. 


No comments: