Saturday, June 30, 2018

30nJune 2018 Half-Year Review

Half-Year Review

It is hard to believe that the year is half over.  I have enjoyed the challenge of writing an answer to a question a day. So how have done with my goals?

Health wise I am not where I want to be.  I am consistent with my workouts; however, nutrition is not helping.  I make choices each day that either help or not. More times it is not.  Be it from the brownies someone brings to work, or the size of my servings at home for dinner or the type of dinner.  Then there are the weekends where I don’t have a cheat day but a cheat weekend.  All of this is within my power to change.   It has a lot to do with discipline and will power but also what is kept in the house. The temptation is strong if foods that are not helpful on my path are within easy reach.  I have to get buy-in from my wife that we can’t have that stuff in the house.  I know it easy to say just don’t eat them, but my track record is not good on that.  Just keep them away.

During the year I also wanted to instill better habits.  The goal was to choose one a month.  I have done ok but have not had a full 6 new habits ingrained. As an old coach once told me “begin again and again.”  Take full advantage of the final 6 months.  End strong.    Let’s see how that goes. Will report back 31 Dec.


No comments: