Monday, April 9, 2018

9 Apr 2018 Will It End Well?

Will It End Well?

If I were to guess, the Presidency of Donald Trump will not end well.  At best I think he will be a one term President.  At worst he will have to leave office early.  If he makes it through his first term, he may leave a scorched earth record.  I just don’t see how things are going to work out.  I want the Presidents to succeed even if I did not support them.  Trump has not represented the office with dignity since his arrival.  Even if it is found out he has done nothing illegal, his demeanor and response to events fall far short of what I expect in a leader.

 I don’t mind a tough talking President when events warrant it.  However, he only talks tough to be a bully not because he has any strength or character.  There are leaders for all sizes of business.  Trump is just not suited or has the capabilities to lead an organization the size of the federal government.  He may have been able to lead a company that has some hotels and golf courses, but anything bigger than that is beyond his abilities.  He thinks he is smart, but it takes a whole lot more than just your self-assessment of the requirements. 

He may have the support of 33% of the country, but I want a leader who inspires and has the support of a majority. 


President Trump is at an early stage like cancer to the country.  We can have him stay and it gets only worse or we get him out as soon as possible.  However, out he has to go. There is no sunny day for the country ahead with him.  He is who he is.  He is not going to change.  I wish it were different.  I want him to lead the country, the whole country.  Now I just want some “chemotherapy” for him.   

No comments: