Saturday, April 21, 2018

21 Apr 2018 Who Would You Want To Spend An Hour With?

Who Would You Want To Spend An Hour With?

If you could spend an hour with anybody alive today, who would it be?  Do you go for someone famous? Infamous? Or just someone you lost touch with who means a great deal to you? 

At first thought I considered President Trump but I doubt he would be honest.  Then I tried to think of another political figure.  I just couldn’t come up with someone who really interested me.  The same goes for someone in the entertainment industry. 

Then I started thinking about people who wrote books I really loved.  But even then, I did not want to use my hour for any of them.  Next came the academic crowd. Nope, no one there. Sports, no.  Military leader no.  Titan of industry?  Hmmm….. maybe.  Bill Gates would be interesting, or Jeff Bezos. 

Elon Musk would be great.  He has a vison and drive to do what people said couldn’t be done.  I know I would greatly enjoy spending time with him. He is going to have and has had a large impact on the world.  After some thought I decided no.

I finally decided I would like to spend the hour with someone I hurt earlier in my life. I would just like to let them know how sorry I was and how deeply I regret my actions. I know that person has forgiven me. Rarely a day goes by that I don’t think about what happened.  We both went on with our lives. But it would give me great satisfaction just to sit and have a chat.



No comments: