Sunday, April 22, 2018

22 Apr 2018 Who Would You Want To Send An Hour With Part 2?

Who Would You Want To Send An Hour With Part 2?

Yesterday I asked about spending an hour with someone who is still alive. Today I ask who you would want to spend an hour with from anyone in history.  I would guess a lot of people who are religious may choose their deity be it Jesus for Christians or Mohammed for Islamic followers.  

This one is challenge.  From a 20thcentury standpoint I can think of Winston Churchill.  I know he would be a fascinating conversation albeit it may be more of a oneway discussion as he did like to talk.   Mao and Stalin could be challenging to hear them talk how it is ok to kill millions of your own countryman.   

Others from history who I find interesting are Marcus Aurelius the last great Roman emperor and stoic philosophy follower.  Or Abraham Lincoln to discuss the Civil War.  Genghis Khan ruled the largest empire the world has known. 

I am tempted to say Mohammed, so I could discuss how he differed from Jesus. He believed Jesus was a prophet, but not that he was the son of God. Mohammed thought it was ok to go to war to win followers and this was against everything Jesus taught.   

This proved to be much harder than I thought.  I have gone over many figures from history.  Some I have a lot of interest in but are they the one over everyone else? In the end I decided to go with Leonardo Da Vinci.  The breadth of his work is so vast.  It would be such an intellectual challenge to talk to him.      

No comments: