Monday, September 10, 2018

10 Sep 2018 What One Song Would You Listen To?

What One Song Would You Listen To?

If you had to listen to one song for 24 hours what would it be? Audio books don’t count.  I am sure after 24 hours it would not be your favorite song.  Do you go for a long one?  That may sound good but no matter the length, after 24 hours it would get old.

Probably the first thing you need to do is decide what genre the song would come from.  Mine would be rock or classical.  Next criteria would be lyrics, or minimal ones, or no lyrics.  Not sure on this one.  When do you start the song the first time? Early in the morning and listen all day and then only have to sleep through the last part?  Start at bedtime and then all the next day?  I go for start early in the morning.

I finally decided I wanted something that is soothing and helps get work done. If it also helps me sleep then that is ok too.  This had me eliminate any rock song as it would not meet this criterion.  

The song I did choose was Sound Meditation 1 - 1stMovement by Benjamin Jobst on his Seven Metals – Singing Bowls of Tibet album.   I have listened to this many times.  I can read, sleep, write even workout to it.  It has no lyrics, just a melodic rhythm that is relaxing.  I could easily play this for 24 hours. 

No comments: