Tuesday, July 31, 2018

31 July 2018 Why Do They Like Him?

Why Do They Like Him?

People should be able to support whoever they want for political office. That is what makes democracy. However, you should be able to articulate why you like a candidate or current office holder.

I can’t understand why people still support President Trump and not just support him but really love how he governs.  I admit that when he entered the presidential race he offered a completely different character than the normal politician.  He said things at times that were so outrageous that just about every pundit said, “that’s it, that will force him to quit.”  But it didn’t.  He mowed through a vast Republican field.  Come the general election the consensus was he had a good run but couldn’t beat Hillary.  I think he was as surprised as anyone that he won.  Well, he won the electoral college vote not the popular vote.  But in our system, that’s all that counts for better or worse.

Now as President he has shown how truly ignorant he is of world affairs. He won’t say anything bad about dictators. He loves a thug like Putin of Russia and make no mistake, Putin is a thug not a stateman.  Trump made an unforgivable statement when he sided with Russia over our intelligence services.  Let that sink in, he took Russia’s side over us, yet he still has support within the party.

This is where I want his supporters to explain to me why?  This is where I want the spineless Republican’s in Congress to explain to me why?  Am I extremely mad over what he did, absolutely? Do I think he turned his back on the USA, yes?  Do I think Russia has something on him that governs his speech on them, yes?  As mad as I am, I would love to have a respectful conversation with any Trump supporter to have them defend his words.  You would need to be extremely persuasive to have me believe you.  I just don’t get it. 



No comments: