Monday, July 16, 2018

16 July 2018 What Trip Do You Want To Take?

What Trip Do You Want To Take?

I have been fortunate to have traveled to many places around the world. However, there is always another trip that I want take.  For me it is to drive across the northern part of the US. I have driven the middle and a great deal of the southern part but have not explored the northern regions. 

My trip would have me drive from Minneapolis to Seattle. I want to see the Badlands and Mount Rushmore.  I also want to explore the beauty in Montana. Why this trip over anywhere else in the world? Yes, there are several other places in the world I want to see. But a leisurely drive across the US is at the top of my list. 

Summertime is the peak season for this trip for obvious reasons. The weather is cold and harsh from late October until late April. I think September would be an optimal time to go. There is still great weather, and schools are back in session so there will be less tourists on the road. 

In Montana, I would be happy to find a place that is fairly secluded but has incredible views. I would almost use as a retreat. I would minimize any technology use and just take in the spectacular scenery. 

What is stopping me from doing this?  Absolutely nothing.  This year has to many challenges to do it; however, it is what I intend to do next year.

No comments: