Saturday, July 28, 2018

28 July 2018 How Hard Have You Pushed Yourself?

How Hard Have You Pushed Yourself?

I have tried some challenging physical events; however, I don’t think I have really pushed myself to my limit.   But what does that mean?  Do I have to pass out to meet that criteria?  No, that be done with a short term extra hard hill runs or spin bike climb. What I am talking about is endurance activities.  

I have come close.  I participated in a 100 mile bike ride that took 7 hours.  Actual riding time was five and half hours.  I did not have much left at the end of that.  But, I was also only 33 years old.   

In the almost 3 decades since I have not tried to see what limits I have.  Is there any benefit to trying to see what my physical limit is…… that could be debated.  I would need to be smart and slowly work up to some goal I want to obtain. I could do myself more harm than good if I let my ego get in the way and attempt something foolish.   

I am thinking about some kettlebell goal.  Or, another area I am looking into is if I could do 30 days of hot yoga sessions or spin bike sessions.  Again, I have to define why this is a worthy goal.   Half of the benefit would be just working up to the goal.  

I believe it is important to challenge oneself in all areas.   It is easy to get into a routine and do the same thing with no impetus to push further. I will post what I decide to do and how I intend to accomplish it.   

No comments: