Wednesday, May 2, 2018

2 May 2018 Who Do You Need To Reach Out To?

Who Do You Need To Reach Out To?

I would guess most people have someone that they have not communicated with in a long time.  Even if you may be “friends on Facebook” that may not mean much.  I ask myself all time why I have not contacted people who I care about.  

I recently went to a reunion for guys I flew with in the Navy.  Some I had not seen in over 30 years. It was amazing how quickly we re-connected with each other.  It felt like only yesterday we were back in our squadrons.   

I also met someone who I had been extremely close to but had not seen in 11 years.      We only had a text message or two in that time. Here again, once we met it was like old times.  Our banter and affection was still strong.  I wasted a lot of time in not making the effort to reach out to that person.  I am so grateful we are now communicating again. My life is better with her in it.   

Facebook is a tremendous asset to help you find and re-connect with people. However, you need to do more than interact that way.  If you truly value someone, then make the effort to not only call them but go see them.  There is nothing better than sitting across from someone who you want in your life.  

Who do want to see?  Who was important to you?  GO SEE THEM!

No comments: