Thursday, May 17, 2018

17 May 2018 Are You Doing Or Settling?

Are You Doing Or Settling?

I have had these ideas in my head of what I thought I wanted to do.  I have been to the conferences where you get motivated to act.   Have read a lot of books, heard the podcasts, visited the websites, but have I finished anything I started……..no.  

I think I heard Tony Robbins say that a significant portion of the people who by a product of his do not open it.  I have done that with a couple of peoples’ products.

The reality is, what I thought was a desire of mine was just that, a thought. It was not a burning passion that I would do anything to accomplish.   The list is long, and at times expensive, of things I started on but never finished.

So, have I decided to just settle for the life I have?  Now I have to make it clear, I live a very good life.  I have more than enough stuff.  I have been fortunate enough to have traveled to a lot of places around the globe.  

So why can’t I identify something that excites me?  I have made many choices that excited me at the time but were not “good” choices and they had consequences.  

I have never really taken a big risk.  I have changed jobs or bought a house that at the time felt risky, but most would not view them as such.  Maybe it is because I have never had to take a risk or been put into a situation that had risk that has led me to being comfortable and thus settling.   

I know it is never too late to start.  I believe that.  But I also need to have that idea that drives me.  I view myself as an underachiever as I have not taken the risks.

So, my doing has been minimal and my settling more the norm then the exception. As my coach once said… “begin again and again, don’t look at anything as a failure.”  I try to take those words to heart, but………   

No comments: