Saturday, March 31, 2018

31 Mar 2018 Where’s The Discipline?

Where’s The Discipline?

I have a big challenge maintaining my workout and nutrition discipline while on work travel.  Each day I say I am going to focus on what is important and for one excuse or another that fails.  I am travel this week and next.  If I continue as I did today, it will negate any progress I made over the past 3 weeks.

It is funny how “hard” it is to make progress and how easy it is to lose it.  This is nothing new.  I have had this challenge with travel for a long time. You would think I would know better.  I do know better but it has not stopped the poor choices. 

I actually had dinner with a few people who are on low carb programs.  However, today their carbo allow day.  I had a salad with chicken on it, but the appetizers negated any good from it.  At least I don’t like beer which they have a few glasses of.  I stuck to unsweet ice tea. Yeah me.

I had every intention to work out after work, but I was riding with people who wanted to go to dinner early.  So we left the work site and went right to eat.  I could work out now if wanted see my dinner again.


I have to come up with better techniques to keep me on track during travel.  My current ones are not helping.  What is my goal and how badly to I want it?

No comments: