Thursday, March 29, 2018

29 Mar 2018 What Do I Want?

What Do I Want?

It seems like a simple enough question.  However, I spend untold number of months/years trying come up with an answer.  It is not a question of wanting something in a material sense.  It goes much deeper.  What do I want to do so that I can say I served and helped make this a better place? 

I am not looking to do something for the recognition.  No, I ask what I can do to just add value and not just consume in this world.   I know that there are untold number of organizations that want and need volunteers. 

At times I ask myself if I am looking for something that is not there.  Or, am I even asking myself the right question? Should I look at it from other viewpoint, that is, what is it that I don’t want?  I have done a fair amount of thinking on that too. 

I have found that my desires have decreased with time.  The bucket list gets smaller.  Not because there is not the time, but because what I thought meant a lot to me has in fact proven otherwise.

It is important to understand that I have a great life.  I have nothing to complain about.  I am extremely grateful for all I have.  This is not any type of depression that I have.  


I just continue to search for the answer to one of the fundamental questions in life.

No comments: