Saturday, March 17, 2018

17 Mar 2018 Why Is Killing On Tv Ok But Not Sex?

Why Is Killing On TV OK But Not Sex?

I never understand why it is ok to show killing, even graphic killing on tv but any nudity creates a lot controversy. What kind of message does that show children? How can the human body in its natural form be so bad that society dictates people shouldn’t see it?

I have heard the argument that if kids see nudity it only increases their desire to experiment with sex earlier.  If you use that logic, if they see killing from a very early age will that increase their desire for violence?

Kids are never taught how to respect the body, but also that it is beautiful no matter what shape they may have.  If kids saw people like them with bodies that aren’t “perfect” perhaps the incidents of self-loathing would decrease.  I don’t have any studies to back this up, just my thinking.

I think kids experiment with sex because it is such a taboo subject.  Also, it is a farce that non-cable stations have strict bans on nudity, but cable can be more open.  How many homes only have the very basic channels of NBC, CBS and ABC? 


I am not advocating for unlimited sex on tv, but to show graphic killing and that is ok…I don’t get that.  There has to be a middle ground.       

No comments: