Sunday, January 21, 2018

21 Jan 2018 What Is Your Ideal Day?

What Is Your Ideal Day?

I got this from Nate Green a writer I like.  He asked you to describe the day where you get what you want.

I initially jotted down some things but then I took a step back and really thought about it. I had to consider where I wanted to be, was work still involved, who would be with me and a host of other questions. So here goes:

I wake up before sunrise. I am on a lake up in the mountains of western North Carolina. There is a very large picture window that looks out over the water and for miles around. It is facing east. It is summer and the sun rises early. I have my favorite chair to sit in and watch the sun come up. There are scattered clouds around so a beautiful red sky is presented just prior to the sun breaking the horizon. I watch as it slowly climbs until I can no longer look at it.

I then go out for a swim in the lake. The water is cool but refreshing. After the swim, I enjoy a breakfast of bagels and fruit. After breakfast, I sit down to journal. After an hour, I get up and stretch and take a short walk by the lake.  I then return to read a book. My family is with me; however, they sleep late and are just getting started with their day.

The place we are staying is large enough that I’m able to be off away from them in order to enjoy quiet time. I’m on the porch that allows me to listen to nature while I read. Every hour I get up and stretch and walk.
Just after noon time we all gather around a large kitchen to prepare lunch and converse. Lunch is grilled fish and salad. After lunch, we pack a small snack and go for a short hike up to the top of a nearby hill. There we take in the beauty of the surrounding countryside. Midafternoon we returned to the house. Some go for a swim, some kayak or paddle board, others just lay in the sun.  I do a yoga routine for 30 minutes followed up with some paddleboard time. I finish this off with a quick splash in the lake.

As 5 o’clock rolls around we slowly gather to have a happy hour out on the deck. We go to town to have dinner at a family run restaurant. We return to the house about half an hour prior to sunset. We all gather on the deck and sit in awe as another vibrant sky is presented to us.  We have a fire out back and spend the evening watching the sky and enjoying each other’s company.

This is my ideal day.



No comments: